Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Brown Rice!

This was dinner tonight. Very simple and packed with flavor! Brown rice which is a staple for us, loaded with veggies, cilantro, onion. I baked some quartered corn tortillas at 400 degrees for about 7-10 minutes and sprayed them with fresh lime. This was a great meal! Needed some protein but I didn't have any beans left.
Every Sunday afternoon, I make a pot of brown rice. About 32 ounces of brown rice and that gets us through most of the work week. Its great to keep in the fridge, so that you can have it on hand and ready to add to whatever healthy meal that you are trying to make! Just wanted to share our dinner idea. The chips were so good and perfect with this combo! Have a good night everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Lol you eat about just as much rice as we do. I just recently have been substituting brown rice with quinoa. Is a seed rather then a grain....and its packed with tons of nutrition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually just bout Quinoa at Fred Meyer! At my husbands request and tonight will be the first night I cook it, so I hope it goes well! Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete