Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Whole Wheat Tortillas


We all know that we can buy 100% whole wheat tortillas, but you can also make them. I love making them, because if you haven't noticed on the ingredients label of your store bought ones, its not as simple as this recipe. And the words I can't pronounce, tend to scare me. :) 
My husband and I really enjoy these tortillas, they are delicious and filling. I hope you enjoy! This week try to focus on the main goal of this blog and that is Eat to Live, not Live to Eat. Have a great week! 

Blessings, 

Dani

Whole Wheat Tortillas

2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 tsp Salt
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 cup warm water

Mix flour and salt in bowl.
Add olive oil and stir until combined.
Add warm water Tbsp at a time.
Knead dough on floured surface for a few minutes.
Allow dough to rest for 15 minutes. (sometimes my dough doesn't get a 'rest' )
Roll dough into sausage shape and then cut into 12 equal parts.
Roll parts into balls, if you are wanting larger tortillas then only cut into 6 parts.
With a rolling pin, start from middle of dough and work out.
Heat a skillet over medium heat, I use a nonstick pan with no oil.
Place tortilla on pan when it starts to bubble/dry, flip.
Keep tortillas warm by wrapping in a kitchen towel, or placing them in a tortilla warmer.


No comments:

Post a Comment