Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Whistle While you Work


Alright, I know what you are thinking... Dani, this is a healthy food blog. Yes, yes it is. But, for some strange reason, today I feel inspired to write about cleaning. Why? Well, because I feel if you have a clean home, you have a happy family, a safe and fun environment that your kids and spouse want to be in.

My theory is, if you start it and stay focused... before you know it, you're done! (It's that staying focused thing that tends to get us.) In this day and age, there are so many distractions. Too many 'devices'. Yes, I said it.
We tend to neglect the things that need done. Ouch huh? I am totally guilty of this one. TOTALLY.

So, my simple challenge to you this week and maybe in the weeks to come, is too map out a cleaning plan, jot down what really needs to get done. For me, its that I need to go through every bedroom and GET RID of toys/clothes/accessories. Clutter. I need to get rid of things so that I can remain organized. Do not be afraid to get your kids involved. I have 4 kids. 6,4,2 and one. My 6,4,& 2 year old clean their own room. They know where their toys go, most of the time I have to go in there and remind them, a couple... ok like 15 times to clean and not play... but hey, they know it is their responsibility. As they get older they are excited to help around the house because they know their help, means a lot.

Jot it down, map it out, stay focused and get it done!

Blessings!

Dani

2 comments:

  1. Amen. Good thinkin Dani. However, had I not "dilly-dallied" with at least one of my
    "devices", I would have totally missed your great blog post! :-)Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes- that's true, but you know what I mean, it's so easy to get caught up in the outside and not focus on the inside. :)

    ReplyDelete