Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Roasted Red Pepper Hummus


Hummus is a healthy alternative to chip dips and even ranch...(dare I even say it).  I know ranch is worshiped in Oregon. I have yet to find a healthy Ranch that actually tastes good.  
I thought it would be fun to share some hummus recipes. My husband and I love hummus! If you are not a huge raw veggie fan, hummus allows us to eat those veggies with a little kick. Before you know it, you've eaten A LOT of veggies! It is also amazing with warmed or freshly grilled wheat pita bread.
 Here is a recipe that I like. Please email your favorite hummus recipe and I will add it to the blog today. No picture needed. Thank you for reading! I hope you have a great day. Remember we want to Eat to LIVE, not LIVE to eat. 

Blessings, 

Dani
Thishungrymom@gmail.com


Roasted Red Pepper Hummus

Ingredients:

  • 1 can of chickpeas/garbanzo beans (15 oz)
  • 1/3 cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 garlic cloves, crushed
  • 1/2 cup -3/4 cup roasted red peppers (depending on taste)

Preparation:

In a food processor, combine beans, tahini, lemon juice and olive. Process until smooth. Add red peppers and garlic until desired consistency.

Garnish with parsley. Serve warm with hot pita bread or toasted pita chips.


2 comments:

  1. I love roasted red pepper hummus! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love it as well. You can buy it, but you get a lot more when you make it! Its a really nice summer treat served cold.

    ReplyDelete